Monday, December 8, 2008

Soooo Swamped

OK, so about a couple of months ago one of my friends convinced me to read the Twilight series, and I'm glad she did. That book really has helped me realize how important it is to read. And ever since I have been reading non-stop. I like the alone time. Not only am I reading more but my vocabulary has increased(mom likes that part). Another thing I like about it is that it pretty much lets me see the thoughts of other people without ever even meeting them. And that helps me to get by with how the people around me act. I know what you're thinking, "she just realized this? how old is she?" well the truth is, I really never wanted to read so I never found it really interesting. That and I was always trying to be cool, and to the people I was hanging out with it just wasn't cool. But anyway, what I'm trying to get to is that I absolutely love to read and everything, but it can really be a problem if not done in moderation. Ever since Twilight, I have started reading a total of about...i don't know...maybe 20 to 30 different books and how many have I finished? oh about 8. Yes, there are some books that I just refuse to finish reading, some have too much vulgarity and some just too sci-fi for me. Now there are other books that I have started and still am reading, and currently I am reading 5 books and I have to finish one tonight and pick up 2 tomorrow that have to be finished by the end of the week. Those are all books that are for school, why so many? you ask, well that's what happens when you don't actually keep up with you schedule and fall behind. I have no problem with reading for school anymore which is a good thing because I used to just fake reading them and skip out on doing the book reports and never actually catch up on them, now I have more than just a book report to do and I am getting better grades for honestly doing the work. That's great because I am in my junior year in high school and really to be bringing my GPA back up. The only problem I'm having is that I am so swamped with so much reading, I just don't have the time to even think anymore, much less do all the other schoolwork that I have on my plate. I'm even loosing sleep because I have been reading so much, and when I try not to read at night I can't sleep because I've gotten into the habit of going to sleep at about 2 in the morning after reading for about 3 hours straight. I never figured that something so good for the mind and so horrible for your body and sanity at the same time. I barely have the time to check my email and write on here everyday now. And on top of that, I have a Bible Bowl competition coming up this Sunday and have to study for that also.
I have more on my plate than I realized so I probably should stop blogging now. But before I do, for future reference, don't read more than one book at a time. And if you're going to, have a maximum of about 2, because if your anything like me and have a life outside of school, you really don't have as much time as you realize. Oh and you always need to have the time to pick up the Bible too. It's more important than any other book can be for you in life. I mean how many books do you find in a day that you can read a million times and it still have an different affect on you every day.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I totally agree wtih what you said! Books are a great reward of having a written language.
Oh, and that tip about not getting too many books started at one time, I'll have to remember that ;-).